Sarah Everard's Murder

Introduction:

I've heard in the news about Sarah Everard who is presumed to be kidnapped by a police officer. I was extremely disappointed by her disappearance. I've asked my sister about Sarah's case, and I must confess that I'm traumatized. For this reason, I decided to express how dissatisfied I am. I will write an essay about this up-to-date and recent topic.


Sarah's murder:

A serving Metropolitan police officer had been arrested on suspicion of murder. Sarah was a 33-year-old woman, who was walking home peacefully, she didn't expect anyone to murder her. Later, the police had found her body remains near Ashford, in Kent. According to the BBC, the police officer had been identified and arrested since then. He was being questioned about the kidnapping. I surmise that he had been interrogated. I suppose they asked for more details and further information concerning this crime. This case is quite heart-rending due to the fact that the attacker was a policeman, whose task is to protect those people who are vulnerable, whereas he did the exact opposite. Policemen usually ensure their citizens' safety, while this man committed homicide.


My opinion:

If I were him I would regret having committed such an upsetting crime. The remorse would devastate me. I'm convinced about the fact that it's an inexcusable crime. I absolutely feel sympathy towards the family. Honestly, I would not be in their shoes, as it's a tragedy for Sarah's family. I think it's the worst experience, having your loved ones lost, especially your child. Now, she has the whole world talking about her. There have been protests all around the world. Personally, if I were the jury I would deny having him released from prison unless he changed the way he thinks about women and about life in general. He ought to change his attitude towards the people whom he's surrounded by.


About feminism in general:

I'm persuaded about the fact that both genders should be equal. Some of my classmates say that girls should keep their opinion about feminism for themselfves. I think that men had better not abuse their power towards women because ladies don't like men who take advantage of their power for violent purposes. It has a really unfavourable impact on what they will think about boys. Harassment must have a bad influence on their personality. Girls don't know who they can trust, I think they must be insecure regarding their friendships with boys.

Instresting videos:




Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések ezen a blogon

Euroexam Writing Test 1 - C1

Speech on Education

Verb + ing Forms and Infinitives C1