Kifejezések angol nyelvtanban 2

In the last few weeks, I have been learning English from the books I had bought. I have found some interesting phrases which some of you may find unknown. I have used 5percangol (magazine) and Advanced Grammar in Use(Martin Hewings).

Recommended books:



It has a digital learning version as well:



5percangol: (digital version)



Foreign phrases:

I don't know each of these phrases but I will be learning about them:

Agent: (passive sentence - by Jane)
Dependent clause (subordinate clause) It's part of a sentence.
Independent clause: This clause can stand by itself, it's a finished idea
Linking verbs: (subject complement; equal sign =)
  • It sounds nice....
  • It appears to be....
  • She seems to be...
Semi-modals / modal verbs
Reporting with passives:
  • It was announced that...
  • The damage is reported to be....
Future:
  • I was just about to call you
  • due to
  • to be on the brink of
  • was on the point of
  • to be on the verge of
  • to be set to
Direct object: The person or thing that is affected by the action
  • I put the book. (What? / Who(m)?)
Indirect object: It's the person or thing which benefits from the action, or receives something)
  • She explained the problem to me. (To / for What / Whom?)
The problem: DO
To me: IO

Echo questions
Complement
Transitive verbs: A verb that takes an object.
  • (She gives [object])
Intransitive verbs:
  • She smiled
Compound noun
(Non-)Gradable adjectives
Inversion

Source:


Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések ezen a blogon

Euroexam Writing Test 1 - C1

Speech on Education

Verb + ing Forms and Infinitives C1